El Dorado Cantina Sweet Corn Tamales
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 6 cornhusks, soaked
- Heat the corn oil in a saucepan. Add the corn and bell peppers and sauté over
medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Remove from
heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Transfer 3/4 of this mixture to a blender and blend for 1 minute. Do not over-mix.
Add the remainder of the mixture and other ingredients and pulse until thoroughly
- Place one of the cornhusks on a flat surface. Scoop about 3 ounces of the mixture
into the husk. Close the sides of the husk around the mixture twisting both ends.
- Tie both ends of the tamales with a strip of husk 1/2 inch wide. Stuff and tie
the remaining tamales and set aside.
- In a large saucepot place two inches of water and a vegetable basket. Place the
tamales in the basket, cover and heat over a medium boil for 50 minutes.
- Serve tamales hot.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/8/02 8:08:20 pm.
Source: El Dorado Cantina, Brentwood, California - Consulting Chef John Rivera
Sedlar - Executive Chef Salvador Morales