El Guapo's Cantina Huevos Rancheros
- 2 eggs
- 2 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup salsa roja
- 3 ounces refried beans
- 2 ounces chorizo
- 3-4 ounces Monterey jack/cheddar cheese blend
- 2 ounces Mexican crema
- 1 ounce avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion and cilantro
- Warm the corn tortillas in a microwave or skillet only to a point where they
are more pliable.
- Warm the salsa roja in a skillet and dredge the tortillas in the sauce, making
sure they are completely covered.
- Place one tortilla on a plate and spread 1 1/2 ounces of refried beans on top.
Continue to build by adding 1 ounce cooked chorizo and 1 1/2 to 2 ounces cheese.
At this point, you may place under a broiler for a few seconds to melt the cheese
– or place in a microwave and warm briefly.
- Lay the next tortilla on top and repeat the build order.
- Finish the plate by placing 2 poached eggs on top and garnish with avocado, cilantro
and onions. Drizzle with the Mexican crema.
- To poach eggs: Place water into medium saucepan and add 2 1/2 tablespoons white
vinegar per quart of water. Break eggs individually into separate custard cups.
When water is at a rolling boil, add one egg at a time and cook for 4 minutes. Remove
with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel to remove excess water.
- Serve immediately.
Source: El Guapo's Cantina, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes