El Guapo's Cantina Pepper Jack
and Fajita Enchiladas
- 3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 (6- or 7-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups caramelized onions
- 2 cups finely diced cooked fajita steak or chicken
- 1 cup queso
- 1 cup salsa roja
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups pepper jack cheese, 1 cup caramelized onions and
1 cup diced fajita meat. Set aside. This is the enchilada filling.
- Place tortillas in microwave for 20 seconds or until heated through to make more
- Lay 2 tortillas on a plate and place 2 or 3 tablespoons of the mixed meat filling
in each tortilla.
- Roll the tortilla and lay seam down on an oven tempered plate.
- Place enchiladas in the microwave and heat for 20-30 seconds or until cheese
is completely melted.
- Ladle 1 ounce of queso on each enchilada followed by 1 ounce salsa roja.
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tablespoons of shredded pepper jack cheese on top of each followed
by 1 tablespoon each of caramelized onion and fajita meat.
- Serve with rice and beans and enjoy!
Source: El Guapo's Cantina, Tulsa, Oklahoma
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes