El Pollo Loco Chicken
- 1 chicken, cut into pieces (leave skin on)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Briefly simmer the cut-up chicken in a deep-sided skillet, keeping the pieces
in a single layer without crowding them, until the meat appears milky white and
the juices run clear, no longer pink.
- Allow to cool in the broth, uncovered, while
you prepare the basting sauce.
- Arrange the chicken pieces skin-side up on broiler pan in single layer and baste
with enough of mixture to evenly coat skin side. Turn and baste the other side.
Turn skin side up and broil 6 inches from the heat source, brushing with additional
sauce every few minutes until skin is very crispy and golden brown, approximately
5 to 8 minutes for large pieces.
- Basting Sauce: Mix juices, oil, turmeric, salt and pepper.
Makes enough sauce to baste nine pieces.