411 West Italian Cafe Raspberry Black
Satin Fudge Cake with Raspberry Sauce
Simple cake isn't an adequate description for this dessert. Only 1 1/3 tablespoons
of flour doesn't seem to qualify it for the traditional cake, either. But the
quality of this simple, yet elegant recipe definitely secures a place in the special
occasions section of my recipe box.
The raspberry sauce is the crowning glory of the dessert from Chef Trey Cleveland
of 411 West, and that's why fresh raspberries are a must. The price may seem
high at an average of $6 per pint, but the quality is worth a splurge.
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon flour
- Powdered sugar
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan and line bottom with a parchment paper circle.
Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil to seal out water.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cake: Strain seeds from preserves by pressing through a wire-mesh sieve. Place preserves,
chocolate and butter in a double broiler. Heat over medium heat, stirring until
melted. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs and flour. Add chocolate mixture. Mix gently.
- Pour into springform pan. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan. Add about
1 inch of water to outside pan, forming a water bath.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until top is dry and skewer comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
If water evaporates, replenish .
- Let cool, unmold and turn upside down. Remove parchment paper. Place on serving
plate and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve individual slices with Raspberry Sauce.
- Raspberry Sauce: Puree all ingredients in food processor. Strain seeds from sauce
by pressing through a wire-mesh sieve.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine - April 2001.
Source: A chocolate-raspberry creation from 411 West, August 23, 1995
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.