4th Street Grille Fettuccine with
Portobella Mushrooms and Halloumi Cheese
- 1 pound de cecco fettuccini
- 7 to 8 ounces pieces of cheese (Taylor's Market)
- 2 medium size portobella mushrooms (julienned)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes (peeled and seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1 bunch of spinach - picked and cleaned and cut leaves in half
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut in a 45 degree angle
- 1/2 bunch of basil, picked and julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- First boil water and add the fettuccini.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add olive oil, portobella mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes
and add garlic.
- Sauté for one minute and add 1/2 cup white wine and reduce by 1/3.
- Then add the tomatoes, spinach, basil, halloumi cheese and butter. Cook for 1
minute and turn off heat.
- Add fettuccine, toss and serve in a large bowl.
- Top with scallions and pine nuts.
Source: Mike Campo - 4th Street Grille, Sacramento, California