4th Street Grille Fettuccine with
Portobella Mushrooms and Halloumi Cheese
- 1 pound de cecco fettuccini
- 7 to 8 ounces pieces of cheese (Taylor's Market)
- 2 medium size portobella mushrooms (julienned)
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes (peeled and seeded, cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1 bunch of spinach - picked and cleaned and cut leaves in half
- 1 bunch of scallions, cut in a 45 degree angle
- 1/2 bunch of basil, picked and julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- First boil water and add the fettuccini.
- Heat a large sauté pan and add olive oil, portobella mushrooms. Sauté for 3 minutes
and add garlic.
- Sauté for one minute and add 1/2 cup white wine and reduce by 1/3.
- Then add the tomatoes, spinach, basil, halloumi cheese and butter. Cook for 1
minute and turn off heat.
- Add fettuccine, toss and serve in a large bowl.
- Top with scallions and pine nuts.
Source: Mike Campo - 4th Street Grille, Sacramento, California
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.