50's Primetime Cafe Pot Roast
- 5 pounds top or bottom round roast
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides
and remove the meat to a roasting pan.
- Pour the wine around the meat.
- Sauté the cut vegetables until golden brown and add to the roasting pan.
- Pour the beef bouillon
into the pan. Pour liquid over the roast and cover.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite starch and enjoy.
Source: 50's Primetime Cafe, Disney's MGM Studios
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.