Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Chambord Chocolate Soup
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 4 tablespoons Chambord liqueur
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Place chopped chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Bring Half-and-Half to a boil and pour over the chocolate. Stir or whisk until smooth. Add Chambord liqueur and whisk until combined. Set aside in a warm place.
- Put 8 to 12 raspberries in each of 4 soup cups. Pour chocolate soup over the raspberries and top with Meringue.
- Scrape contents of the vanilla bean into the egg whites and beat using an electric mixer with a whip attachment. Slowly add sugar while beating egg whites at high speed. Lower speed to medium and whip until it reaches soft peak stage. Meringue can be placed in a pastry bag with a decorating tip, or dollop it on to your dessert with a spoon. Meringue can also be toasted with a household blowtorch or under the broiler, if dessert is in ovenproof bowls or cups.
Source: Chef David Blom, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona