Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Chambord Chocolate Soup
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons Chambord liqueur
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1/4 vanilla bean
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Soup: Place chopped chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Bring half-and-half to a boil
and pour over the chocolate. Stir or whisk until smooth. Add Chambord liqueur and
whisk until combined. Set aside in a warm place.
- Put 8 to 12 raspberries in each of 4 soup cups. Pour chocolate soup over the
raspberries and top with Meringue.
- Meringue: Scrape contents of the vanilla bean into the egg whites and beat using an electric
mixer with a whip attachment. Slowly add sugar while beating egg whites at high
speed. Lower speed to medium and whip until it reaches soft peak stage. Meringue
can be placed in a pastry bag with a decorating tip, or dollop it on to your dessert
with a spoon. Meringue can also be toasted with a household blowtorch or under the
broiler, if dessert is in ovenproof bowls or cups.
Source: Chef David Blom, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.