Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Dark and White Chocolate Truffle Ganache
Dark Chocolate Truffle Ganache
- 9 ounces high-quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce Chambord raspberry liqueur
Dark Truffle Coating
- 6 ounces semi sweet dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
White Chocolate Truffle Ganache
- 14 ounces quality white chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 ounce Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
White Truffle Coating
- 6 ounces quality white chocolate
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dark Chocolate Truffle Ganache: To begin the truffles, finely chop 9 ounces
of semi-sweet chocolate and set aside in a medium bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream just to a boil. Immediately pour the hot
cream over the chopped chocolate and stir until completely melted. Add liqueur and
stir in well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Remove chocolate mixture (known as ganache) from refrigerator and scoop out walnut-size
balls using a melon-baller or similar object. Roll truffles into smooth balls and
place on wax paper. Freeze until ready to coat.
- Dark Truffle Coating: Finely chop 6 ounces of dark chocolate and place in the
top of a double-boiler or in a metal bowl that fits over a pan of simmering (not
boiling) water. Stir chocolate to melt, using care not to let it burn.
- Remove truffles from freezer and using a fork, dip each into melted chocolate
just to coat. Gently roll each dipped truffle in cocoa powder and place on wax paper
- White Chocolate Truffle Ganache: Prepare white chocolate ganache in the same
manner as the Dark Chocolate Truffle Ganache recipe above. To coat, dip frozen truffles
in melted white chocolate and set on wax paper or parchment paper to dry.
Variation: Substitute Coco Lopez or Malibu rum for the hazelnut liqueur and roll
the white chocolate dipped truffles in coconut.
Source: Chef David Blom, Fairmont Scottsdale Princess Resort, Scottsdale, Arizona
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes