Famous Dave's Country Roast Chicken
Roast Chicken Seasoning
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/2 cup lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup Mrs. Dash original blend
- 1 (6 pound) roasting chicken
- 2 (16 ounce) bottles Italian dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Roast Chicken Seasoning
- Roast Chicken Seasoning: Mix all ingredients. Store in a covered container.
- Roast Chicken: Place the chicken in a 2-gallon sealable plastic bag. Pour a mixture of the Italian
dressing and lemon juice over chicken, turning to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from bag and drain. Season generously with 1/3 cup Roast Chicken
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a baking pan. Tent loosely with foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer registers
170 to 180 degrees F, removing the tent 20 minutes before the end of baking process.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Source: Dave Anderson - Famous Dave's
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.