Famous Dave's Kahlua Fudge Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup espresso powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Heat the chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan over low heat until blended, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine sugar, peanut oil, espresso, and eggs in a bowl, beating for 5 minutes
and occasionally scraping sides of bowl.
- Add chocolate mixture and beat until just blended, then add flour mixture and
- Stir in pecans.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spoon batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges pull from the side of the pan.
Cool until lukewarm on a wire rack.
- Pour Kahlua into a spray bottle and spray onto warm brownies. Let stand until
- To serve, cut into 3 x 4-inch brownies and microwave until just warm. Split each
bar horizontally into halves and sandwich with a scoop of ice cream. Top with whipped
cream and/or fresh strawberries or raspberries.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.