Famous Dave's Legendary Pit Barbecue Ribs
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup garlic seasoning
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 cup celery salt
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons whole celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed cloves
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Mrs. Dash original blend
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 (4-5 pound) racks spareribs
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup minced dried onion
- 1 cup Rib Rub
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle Famous Dave's BBQ sauce
- Mix all rib rub ingredients. Store in airtight container.
- Night before smoking, trim ribs of fat. Place in large plastic bag and pour in
Italian dressing to coat. Remove and wipe dressing off. Sprinkle each rib with pepper
and then 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup onion flakes. Wrap each rib in plastic
and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning remove from wrap and wipe off ribs. Coat front and back with
rib rub and rub into meat. Using a chimney charcoal starter get 15 briquettes red
hot. Place coals on end of grill and 1 pound of green hickory around coals. Use
water-soaked hickory chunks if you can't get fresh cut hickory. Keep internal
temp of grill at 200 to 255 degrees F. Add more charcoal and hickory chunks every
hour as needed. Place ribs bone side down but not directly over hot coals.
- After 3 hours, remove ribs from grill and wrap in aluminum foil. Hold in covered
grill at 180 to 200 degrees F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until fork tender. Build hot
bed of coals over entire bottom of grill. Place ribs on grill to add char flavor.
When meat becomes bubbly it is done. Slather with BBQ sauce. Let heat caramelize
sauce (secret to tender smoky ribs).
Servings 5- 6; 6 cups rub
Source: kare11.com - Chef: Dave Anderson - Famous Dave's
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.