Fandango Restaurant Rack of Lamb Provencale
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (1 1/2 pound) racks of lamb, trimmed, seasoned with herbs de Provence, salt, pepper and rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chopped shallot, large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups concentrated lamb stock
- 1 ounce each, white wine and red wine
- Pinch of salt, black pepper, thyme, bay leaf, sweet basil, rosemary
- 1 ounce cognac or brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Refrigerate lamb overnight.
- Grill racks over on hot fire to sear; move away from direct heat, cook at lower temperature to desired doneness.
- Lightly sauté garlic and shallot in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add flour, blend over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, wines, spices and whisk smooth; cook for 15 minutes.
- Add cognac, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter, whisk until well blended. Serve over lamb.
Posted by LladyRusty on 1/25/2002 10:09 pm.
Source: restauranteur.com - Fandango Restaurant, Pacific Grove, California