Fandango Restaurant Rack of Lamb Provencale
- 4 (1 1/2 pound) racks of lamb, trimmed, seasoned with herbs de Provence, salt, pepper and rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chopped shallot, large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups concentrated lamb stock
- 1 ounce each, white wine and red wine
- Pinch of salt, black pepper, thyme, bay leaf, sweet basil, rosemary
- 1 ounce cognac or brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preparation for racks: Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill racks over on hot fire to sear; move away from direct heat, cook at lower
temperature to desired doneness.
- Preparation for sauce: Lightly sauté 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and shallot.
- Add flour, blend over low heat 2 minutes; add tomato paste, cook 2 minutes.
- Add stock, wines, spices and whisk smooth; cook 15 minutes.
- Add cognac, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter, whisk until well blended. Serve over lamb.
Posted by LladyRusty on 1/25/2002 10:09 pm.
Source: restauranteur.com - Fandango Restaurant, Pacific Grove, California
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.