Fandango Restaurant Rack of Lamb Provencale
- 4 (1 1/2 pound) racks of lamb, trimmed, seasoned with herbs de Provence, salt, pepper and rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chopped shallot, large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups concentrated lamb stock
- 1 ounce each, white wine and red wine
- Pinch of salt, black pepper, thyme, bay leaf, sweet basil, rosemary
- 1 ounce cognac or brandy
- 2 tablespoons butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Preparation for racks: Refrigerate overnight.
- Grill racks over on hot fire to sear; move away from direct heat, cook at lower
temperature to desired doneness.
- Preparation for sauce: Lightly sauté 1 tablespoon butter, garlic and shallot.
- Add flour, blend over low heat 2 minutes; add tomato paste, cook 2 minutes.
- Add stock, wines, spices and whisk smooth; cook 15 minutes.
- Add cognac, cook 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add butter, whisk until well blended. Serve over lamb.
Posted by LladyRusty on 1/25/2002 10:09 pm.
Source: restauranteur.com - Fandango Restaurant, Pacific Grove, California
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes