Farnsworth House Pumpkin Fritters
- 1 1/2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegetable oil or shortening for frying
- Powdered sugar
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil or shortening and sugar. Mix
- Place oil or shortening to a depth of 1 inch in a deep, heavy skillet or electric
frying pan. Heat to 350 degrees F.
- Drop mixture by spoonsful into hot oil. Do not
crowd skillet. Fry until golden brown, and drain well on paper towels.
- Roll in powdered sugar.
Yield: about 15 fritters
Source: post-gazette.com, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.