Fat Ronnie's Fried Onion Rings
Fat Ronnie's was located in Topeka, Kansas.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large sweet onion, 1/2 inch slices
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Place buttermilk in one bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F for frying.
- Dredge onion rings in flour mixture first, then dip in buttermilk. Coat with flour mixture again.
- Place onion rings in hot oil without crowding onion rings. When onion rings are golden brown, remove from oil and drain.