This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Frisch's Big Boy Chili
In Cincinnati is a restaurant chain called Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants. They
serve a yummy double-decker hamburger called the "Big Boy" and they serve a luscious
chili. This is a copycat version, which tastes very much like Frisch's original.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- In a large 4-quart saucepan, brown crumbled ground beef and onion. Drain off
- Add tomato soup, tomato paste, chili powder, cumin, salt and sugar. Mix well.
Simmer for one hour.
- Add drained kidney beans, and simmer one more hour.
Serves 4 - 6.