Gage and Tollner's Filet Mignon Caesar Augustus
"..if you want to do something a little different, is a most interesting
way to serve beef fillets for a change." - Vincent Price
- 4 (12 ounce) fillets of beef
- 1 ounce slice canned pate de foie gras
- Wipe four 12-ounce fillets of beef with a damp cloth.
- Press a 2 inch cookie cutter into top of each fillet, cutting about halfway through.
Take a sharp, pointed knife and cut out circle made by cookie cutter.
- Place in each indentation: a 1 ounce slice of canned pate de foie gras.
- Cover with cutout circle of fillet and press into place.
- Sprinkle each fillet with a little freshly ground pepper.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Broil to your taste and sprinkle with salt after fillets are cooked.
- Serve with a garnish of watercress.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/02 7:39:14 pm.
Source: Gage and Tollner's, Brooklyn, New York
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.