Gage and Tollner's Filet Mignon Caesar Augustus
"..if you want to do something a little different, is a most interesting
way to serve beef fillets for a change." - Vincent Price
- 4 (12 ounce) fillets of beef
- 1 ounce slice canned pate de foie gras
- Wipe four 12-ounce fillets of beef with a damp cloth.
- Press a 2 inch cookie cutter into top of each fillet, cutting about halfway through.
Take a sharp, pointed knife and cut out circle made by cookie cutter.
- Place in each indentation: a 1 ounce slice of canned pate de foie gras.
- Cover with cutout circle of fillet and press into place.
- Sprinkle each fillet with a little freshly ground pepper.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Broil to your taste and sprinkle with salt after fillets are cooked.
- Serve with a garnish of watercress.
Posted by philocrates at Recipe Goldmine 6/11/02 7:39:14 pm.
Source: Gage and Tollner's, Brooklyn, New York