Galatoire's Crabmeat Yvonne
- 6 artichokes
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 2 pounds backfin lump crabmeat
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 6 lemon wedges
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut stem from artichokes flush with the base and boil artichokes for 45 minutes, or until a leaf pulls off easily.
- Remove from pot, drain and let cool.
- Pull off leaves and reserve for another purpose. Remove choke and slice the bottoms. Set aside.
- In a large skillet sauté mushrooms in clarified butter.
- Add reserved artichoke bottoms and crabmeat. Heat through, stirring gently.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve on toast points with a lemon wedge on the side.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Galatoire's, NOLA. Gulf Coast Cooking