Galatoire's Sweet Potato Cheesecake
This yummy cheesecake would make an excellent choice for a Thanksgiving dessert.
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
For the cheesecake filling
- 3 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the topping
- 2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix Graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter until
combined. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake until set but not brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and cool.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add sugar and brown sugar, beating until smooth.
- Add sweet potatoes, eggs, evaporated milk, cornstarch, cinnamon and
nutmeg, beating until well combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake until edge is set, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract to combine. Spread over warm
- Return to oven, and bake until just set, 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Remove side of pan, and chill for a few hours or overnight.
Makes about 12 servings
Preparation Time: 1 1/2 hours, plus chilling
Credits: Galatoire's Restaurant
Reprinted with permission from the Louisiana Sweet Potato