Galatoire's Trout Meuniere Amandine
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) trout fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper, dip into milk and roll in flour.
- Fry in 3/4 inch of hot oil in a shallow skillet until golden on both sides.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In a separate pan, melt and whip butter until brown and frothy.
- Add sliced almonds and lemon juice.
- Place each fillet on a heated plate and pour sauce over it.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Source: Galatoire's, New Orleans, Louisiana