Gallagher's Guinness Stout and Filet Mignon Chili
- 1 cup salted butter
- 5 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 pound filet mignon, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 cups onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 chile pepper, seeds and veins removed, 1/8-inch dice
- 1/2 cup Guinness Stout
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat 1/2 cup of the butter in a large sauce pot over medium high heat until very
- Add diced filet and cook until seared and browned around the edges.
- Add ground beef and cook until all of the beef is browned thoroughly
- Remove the meat and set aside, draining off 3/4 of the fat (leave the rest of
the fat in the pot).
- Add the diced onions and chile pepper to the pot and cook until soft, about 3
- Return the meat to the pot. Add the Guinness and let boil for 1 minute.
- Add the flour and stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and the beef stock and stir thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add both of the beans, the chile powder,
cumin, salt, white pepper and brown sugar. Let the chile simmer for 30 minutes,
uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Finish by stirring in 1/2 cup more of the butter and the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Garnish or serve with sour cream, diced red onions and pepper, shredded Cheddar
cheese, diced tomatoes, fresh chopped cilantro.
Serves 12 to 15
Source: Gallagher's, midtown Manhattan, New York
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.