Gateway Lodge Chicken Salad
- 1 cooked boneless chicken breast, about 3/4 pound
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 15 seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup drained pineapple chunks, cut in half
- Onion salt and pepper to taste
- 2 or 3 walnuts to garnish
- Paprika to garnish, optional
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise to moisten lettuce leaves for serving
- Simmer chicken in chicken broth for a few minutes, until just done. Overcooking
makes the chicken dry.
- Cut up or tear up chicken into bite-size pieces.
- Add the onion, celery, grapes
and pineapple. Mix, then add onion salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mayonnaise to moisten.
- Spoon onto lettuce leaf and top with walnuts.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and serve.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine May 12, 2001.
Source: Recipe by Linda Burney Co-owner of Gateway Lodge at Cook's Forest
- From Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Thursday, January 06, 2000 - Original: Gourmet Magazine
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.