Gator's Basil Marinated Shrimp
- 2 1/2 pounds shrimp
- 1/2 cup julienne basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup virgin or extra virgin olive oil (do not use very expensive extra virgin olive oil. It will overpower the flavor of the shrimp)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts
- 2 cups quartered Roma tomatoes
- Peel shrimp.
- Bring 2 gallons water to a boil with 2 cut lemons, 2 ounces crab boil and 2 ounces
coarse sea salt.
- Let water boil for a few minutes to incorporate flavors....add one shrimp to
the water and cook.
- Taste - adjust seasonings. If you like it spicy, add more crab boil, and if it
is too spicy, throw away 1/2 of the water and start over.
- Drop all the shrimp and cook while stirring slowly to mix the shrimp up and help
them cook evenly.
- Drain into a colander, spread onto a sheet pan and let cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Source: wsfa.com - 3/10/00 - Recipe from Gator's
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes