Gator's Plaza Cafe Jalapeno and
Bacon Baked Oysters
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1/2 diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Sauté bacon, onion and bell peppers until soft. Remove from heat and add flour,
stirring until well blended.
- Over medium heat, gradually add cream and milk stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add peppers and cheese. Season to taste and adjust peppers to achieve the heat
- Top oysters with mixture and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Sauce may be made up to two days in advance.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine May 15, 2001.
Source: wsfa.com - (3/5/99) Recipe from Gators Plaza Cafe, Montgomery, Alabama
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes