Gerardo's Baja Grill Carne Asada
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 pint water
- 1/4 cup peeled fresh garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 orange, sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Mix all marinade ingredients together to combine.
- Marinate flank steak in the mixture in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
- Remove from marinade and barbecue meat until done.
- Cut into strips or dice meat, and serve with warm corn tortillas
topped with salsa and guacamole. Or, place in flour tortilla and roll up burrito-style
with beans, rice, cheese and sour cream.
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 12/1/2001 10:08 pm.
Source: Gerardo's Baja Grill, Riverside, California