Germantown Cafe Banana Nut Bread French Toast
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
French Toast Batter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Bread: Beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Continue mixing while adding eggs to mixture.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Alternate adding flour mixture and bananas,
starting and ending with flour.
- Add nuts last and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 300 degrees F for 65 minutes.
- French Toast Batter: Blend all ingredients.
- Slice bread 1 inch thick. Coat with batter and cook
on nonstick pan until golden brown.
- Top with fresh bananas, whipped cream and pure maple syrup.
Source: Chef Jay Luther, Germantown Cafe, Nashville, Tennessee
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.