Germantown Cafe Banana Nut
Bread French Toast
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 pound confectioners sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
French Toast Batter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Bread: Beat butter until smooth.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Continue mixing while
adding eggs to mixture.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Alternate adding flour mixture and bananas,
starting and ending with flour.
- Add nuts last and mix well.
- Pour into a greased
bread pan and bake at 300 degrees F for 65 minutes.
- French Toast Batter: Blend all ingredients.
- To prepare French Toast: Slice bread 1 inch thick. Coat with batter and cook
on nonstick pan until golden brown.
- Top with fresh bananas, whipped cream and pure
Source: Chef Jay Luther, Germantown Cafe, Nashville, Tennessee