Gersky's Fudge Raspberry Brownies
These brownies have developed a cult following among many of the regulars at
Yorktown Height's Gersky's. Make them yourself and you'll see why. They're
dark and devilish!
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries (garnish)
- In a large bowl, melt together butter and chocolate in a microwave.
- With a wire whisk, beat in sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Let cool slightly.
- Gradually stir in flour and baking powder just to combine.
- Fold in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread about 3/4 of the batter evenly in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that has
been coated with a nonstick spray; carefully spread raspberry preserves on top of the batter; Drizzle remaining
batter evenly over preserves swirling top lightly with a spoon; Gently smooth top.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the top is slightly
puffed and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting and enjoying.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.