Gersky's Fudge Raspberry Brownies
These brownies have developed a cult following among many of the regulars at
Yorktown Height's Gersky's. Make them yourself and you'll see why. They're
dark and devilish!
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries (garnish)
- In a large bowl, melt together butter and chocolate in a microwave.
- With a wire whisk, beat in sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Let cool slightly.
- Gradually stir in flour and baking powder just to combine.
- Fold in almonds and chocolate chips.
- Spread about 3/4 of the batter evenly in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan that has
been coated with a nonstick spray; carefully spread raspberry preserves on top of the batter; Drizzle remaining
batter evenly over preserves swirling top lightly with a spoon; Gently smooth top.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until the top is slightly
puffed and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a rack before cutting and enjoying.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes