Habanero's Grill White Queso
- 2 1/2 pounds Land O'Lakes White Extra Melt
- 3 poblano chiles, roasted,
seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white
pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chipotle concentrate
(or 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced)
chips, for serving
- Cut the cheese into 1-inch cubes.
- Chop the roasted poblanos into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat the half-and-half and the water in a pot over low heat.
- Add the cheese, poblanos, white pepper, cumin and chipotle. Stir until the cheese
has melted and the ingredients are well blended and heated through.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Yield: 20 servings
Source: Habanero's Grill, San Antonio, Texas