Hacienda Mexican Restaurant Chile Verde
- 1 pound pork butt, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 stems celery
- 2 ounces jalapeno, diced
- 2 ounces green chiles, diced
- 1 teaspoon granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chicken
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 tomato, quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro,
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Fry pork cubes in oil in large pan, cover and let cook until meat is tender.
- Add garlic and pepper, stir well and continue to cook for about one minute.
- Add jalapeno (with juice) and green chiles, cook about 1 minute.
- Add onions and celery and sauté 5 minutes.
- After meat is cooked, add water, chicken base, cumin, and bay leaves. Let simmer.
- In a bowl add water to flour until the batter is thick like pancake mix. Strain
and add to meat mixture and let simmer until broth thickens.
- Remove from heat, then add tomatoes and cilantro.
Source: kovr13.com - Hacienda Mexican Restaurant, Folsom, California