Hacienda del Sol Arizona Summer
Melon Champagne Soup with
Ginger, Honey and Lime Crema
- 1 small ripe honeydew melon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 ripe cantaloupe melon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 tablespoon orange flower honey
- Juice of 1 1/2 limes
- Juice from 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 cup dry champagne
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mint sprigs for garnish
Won Ton Frizzles
- Won ton skins, sliced thin and fried or baked until crisp
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for dusting
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, 1/2 tablespoon honey and juice of 1/2 lime.
Whisk together and refrigerate until needed.
- Peel, seed and dice one small honeydew melon and place in the blender. Season
with salt and the juice from 1/2 lime. (If the melon is not ripe enough, sweeten
with a small amount of honey.) Pulse process the melon mixture until somewhat smooth.
Continue to process using the puree setting for 1 minute or until the melon is very
smooth. Transfer the melon soup to a Tupperware bowl and refrigerate until use.
- Repeat the same process with the cantaloupe and store separately.
- Chill the soup mixture for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Place four soup bowls in the freezer for 1 hour prior to serving.
- Place fried won ton strips on a plate and dust with the powdered sugar.
- Whisk 1/2 cup dry Champagne into each of the soups.
- Ladle 4 ounces of the soup simultaneously into the frozen soup bowls.
- Spoon a small amount of the Honey and Lime Crema over the soup just off center.
- Mound a small amount of the Won Ton Frizzles in the center and finish the garnish with a mint sprig.
- Serve very cold.
Source: Hacienda del Sol, Tucson, Arizona
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes