Harborside House Morning Muesli Bread
This is a moist, almond-flavored breakfast bread.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup safflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups Ralston Muesli cereal, crushed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan (or two small pans).
- Crush cereal in blender or food processor to equal 1 1/3 cups. Reserve 1/3 cup.
- Combine sugar, milk, eggs, oil, and almond extract in small bowl.
- Combine flour, cereal, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Add sugar mixture to flour mixture.
- Press reserved cereal on top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes and turn out on wire rack.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 8/24/2001 4:13 pm
Source: Traveler's Choice Internet Cookbook - Harborside House Bed and Breakfast,
Marblehead, Massachusetts - Specialty Recipe