Hard Rock Cafe Homemade Apple Cobbler
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 10 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 pounds sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 Granny Smith apples
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cinnamon
- 2/3 pound unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces walnuts
- In a suitable container combine flour, sugar, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Butter should be cold, not melted.
- Sprinkle ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, over flour mixture and knead lightly until mixture holds together. Press mixture together to form a ball.
- Let rest for 30 minutes covered in refrigerator.
- Whisk sour cream and eggs in large bowl.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and whisk until well blended.
- Peel and core apples. Add 1/4 inch sliced apples and reserve filling until ready to bake.
- Cinnamon Sugar Mix Preparation: Measure and place in container. Combine sugar and cinnamon until thoroughly mixed.
- Cut cold butter into cubes. Pulse in food processor with flour until mixture becomes crumbly. Do not over mix.
- Place cobbler dough in full hotel pan and roll out with a rolling pin, making sure bottom is fully covered.
- Using the tines of a dinner fork, poke holes in the dough to prevent it from rising during baking.
- Place parchment paper completely over the dough and then using rice or dried beans, evenly fill the pan 1 inch deep.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes. When done, remove pan from oven and remove rice or beans and parchment paper.
- Pour cobbler filling into hotel pan and distribute ingredients evenly.
- Place hotel pan in 350 degrees F convection oven on low fan for 45 minutes.
- Remove hotel pan from convection oven and sprinkle cobbler topping evenly over the filling.
- Return hotel pan into 350 degree F convection oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow product to cool and setup prior to cutting.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, cinnamon, caramel, and/or powdered sugar.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 2/28/2002 10:37 pm.
Source: WXIA 11, Atlanta - Air date: 12/15/99 - from Hard Rock Cafe