Hard Rock Cafe Baked Potato Soup
- 6 to 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup yellow onions, diced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 cups hot chicken stock
- 4 cups baked potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup diced green onions (white part only)
- Additional chopped bacon, grated cheese and chopped parsley for garnish
- Fry bacon until crisp. Chop bacon and reserve drippings.
- Cook onions in remaining drippings over medium-high heat until transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until mix just begins to run golden.
- Add chicken stock gradually, whisking to prevent lumps, until liquid thickens.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add potatoes, cream, chopped bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper sauce and black pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes; DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- Add grated cheese and green onions. Heat until cheese melts smoothly.
- Garnish each serving as desired with chopped bacon, grated cheese and chopped parsley.