Hard Rock Cafe Handmade Onion Rings
Yield: Served as an appetizer or side dish; serving size depends upon personal preference
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into 1/2 inch rings (hold in cold water, discard cores)
- Flour to coat
- 3 eggs blended with 1/2 cup milk (makes an egg wash)
- Bread crumbs to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- Remove onions from water, shaking off any excess. Place rings into the flour and coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Place floured rings into egg wash and coat well.
- Remove from egg wash, and place into bread crumbs, coating evenly. Shake off excess.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place onion rings in a fry basket, and fry in hot oil for three minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove from oil and drain well.
- In a small container, combine kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, coarse black pepper and celery salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle salt mixture (called Hard Rock Cafe seasoning) over hot onion rings.
- Serve immediately.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.