Hard Rock Cafe Handmade Onion Rings
- 1 yellow onion, sliced into 1/2-inch rings (hold in cold water, discard cores)
- Flour to coat
- 3 eggs blended with 1/2 cup milk (makes an egg wash)
- Bread crumbs to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons celery salt
- Remove onions from water, shaking off any excess. Place rings into the flour
and coat evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Place floured rings into egg wash and coat well.
- Remove from egg wash, and place into bread crumbs,
coating evenly. Shake off excess.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Place onion rings in a fry basket, and fry in hot
oil for three minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove from oil and drain well.
- In a small container, combine kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, coarse
black pepper and celery salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle salt mixture (called Hard Rock Cafe seasoning) over hot onion rings.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: Served as an appetizer or side dish, serving size depends upon personal
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes