Hard Rock Cafe Hickory Smoked
Chicken and Spinach Dip
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces (3/4 pound) finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 1/2 ounces (1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon) chopped garlic in oil
- 6 ounces flour
- 1 quart chicken consommé
- 1 1/2 quarts heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 3 tablespoons chicken base (see note)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 8 ounces grated Romano cheese
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 1/2 pounds drained diced artichoke hearts
- 3 pounds frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 pounds oven-poached diced chicken
- Shredded Monterey jack and Cheddar cheese for garnish
- Salsa to taste
- Corn tortilla chips
- Sour cream for garnish
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add olive oil; stir. Add onions, garlic. When onions
become soft and translucent, sprinkle in flour a little at a time, stirring constantly.
Slowly add chicken consommé, followed by heavy cream, lemon juice, Liquid Smoke,
chicken base, Tabasco, sugar, white pepper, grated Romano cheese and sour cream.
- When mixture is chilled, add chopped artichokes, spinach and chicken.
- Spoon 10 ounces of mixture into a ramekin or microwave-safe crock. Top with 2
tablespoons of a combination of shredded Monterey jack and Cheddar.
- Repeat with
- Microwave mixture 2 1/2 minutes to heat through and melt cheeses.
- Place one ramekin in center of serving plate. Surround with chips.
- Serve with
a small bowl of salsa and a dollop of sour cream on the dip.
- Repeat with remaining
Yield: 4 quarts
Nutrition information per 1/4 cup without garnishes, chips and salsa: Calories
196; Fat 15 g (8 sat.); Carbohydrate 7 g; Cholesterol 51 mg; Sodium 272 mg; Protein8
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 9:10:59pm 2/5/03.