As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt plus 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder and shortening into fine crumbs.
- Add buttermilk and water gradually until light and tender.
- Turn out onto a floured surface. Knead well.
- Cut out and place on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes