Hardee's Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits
Years ago I worked at a Hardee's restaurant. That is where I got the recipe.
This version is cut down so that it doesn't make as many as we made at work.
Hope it works for you.
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup shortening - that's Crisco
- 2 cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Blend in shortening with a fork until mixture is fine.
- Add milk and stir until just mixed.
- Add raisins and mix.
- Add cinnamon and mix until swirled through batter. Do not mix batter any more
than you have to.
- Scrape batter onto well floured surface. Flour top and pat down
with hands until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with 2-inch cutter and place on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Frost with powdered sugar icing.
Yield: about 24 biscuits
Source: posted by Liz to TSR