Harley Davidson Cafe Harley Hog Sandwich
- 1 (6 to 8 pound) boneless pork butt, tied
- 12 large round rolls
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 cup sweet Hungarian paprika
- 2 cups hickory wood chips
- 1 cup apple wood chips
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 42 ounces canned tomatoes with juice
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Rub: Combine kosher salt, black pepper and paprika. Coat pork butt evenly with
mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Soak wood chips in water 30 minutes.
- Place pork butt in smoker on rack at 220 degrees F for 8 hours, with smoke going
for 2 hours.
- Let cool slightly.
- Break meat apart with hands.
- Hog Sauce: Sauté onions in oil in heavy saucepan until translucent.
- Add spices and cook until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook until mixture is thick
and coats back of spoon.
- Puree sauce and let cool. (Sauce can be made 2 to 3 days in advance and refrigerated.)
- Combine pork and sauce (to taste) in heavy saucepan. Cook until heated through.
- Pile pork on roll.
- Serve with French fries and cole slaw, if desired.
Source: Harley Davidson Cafe - New York City, NY
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes