Harley Davidson Cafe Homestyle Meatloaf
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 3/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 4 eggs
- 5 pounds ground meat
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in pan. Remove bacon and chop.
- Leave drippings in pan and add onion and celery. Sauté (but do not brown) onion and celery.
- Add pepper, onion powder, thyme, salt, mustard, paprika and garlic powder; cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add tomato juice and evaporated milk.
- Mix bread crumbs with eggs and add to ground meat.
- Add spice mixture and bacon to meat and mix gently
- Place mixture in 1 large loaf pan or individual loaf pans.
- Bake until done, about 30 to 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on a meat or instant-read thermometer.