Harrigan's Black Magic Cake
This recipe is from Harrigan's in Lubbock, Texas. This heavenly cake needs only powdered sugar on top.
Prep: 25 min plus cooling | Cook: about 1 1/2 hr | Yield: 20 servings
- 1 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 3/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 8 (2.05 ounce) chocolate-covered caramel-and-nougat bars (Milky Way), cut up
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- In a 4 quart microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, syrup, and nougat bars. Heat 5 to 5 1/2 minutes on medium (50% power), whisking once. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar, then buttermilk, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from pan; invert onto rack to cool.
Per serving: 375 calories, 5g protein, 57g carbohydrates, 16g total fat (9g saturated), 2g fiber, 71mg cholesterol, and 295mg sodium
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Stephanie Gustafson.