Harry Caray's Beef Medallions in Beer Sauce
Chip Caray, grandson of Harry Caray and announcer for the Cubs, Chip is not only
talking baseball this morning, but he's cooking too! Since Dutchie couldn't
make it in this year, she volunteered her grandson. Chip is making a recipe for "Beef
Medallions in Beer Sauce." It's from the cookbook Harry helped promote
called "Now You're Cookin' with Bud". This was a favorite dish
of Harry's and will be offered at his restaurant.
- 8 beef medallions
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 16 ounces Budweiser, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- Sauté medallions to rare.
- Add 6 ounces of Budweiser, lower to medium heat for
- Add mushrooms, green onions and garlic. Sauté until tender.
- Add beef
stock and tomatoes, cook to preferred temperature.
- Add remaining 10 ounces of Budweiser
and lightly thicken with roux.
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine 9:06:39pm 4/21/03.