Iceland Seafood Fish with Bananas
- 6 (4 - 6 ounce) pieces cod loins
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt and white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 yellow bananas
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place fish in buttered sheet pan, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with
salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees F for 16-18
minutes if frozen, 8-10 minutes if thawed.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Melt butter in a heavy, deep skillet. Add banana slices and sauté for 1-2
minutes - not more.
- Pour in the apple juice (save 2 tablespoons for thickening)
and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the fish juice from the sheet pan and thicken
the sauce with cornstarch dissolved in apple juice.
- Place fish on plates, pour
sauce over and serve with fresh, boiled vegetables.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine 6/12/01 2:15:13 pm
Source: by Chef Hilmar Jonsson - Iceland Seafood - 13NEWS Lunchbreak Tuesday
April 18th, 2000
Note: Chef Jonsson was visiting Norfolk for the Azalea Festival.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes