Ideal Market Frangipane Tart
Sugar Cookie Dough
- 2/3 pound butter
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 13 1/2 ounces almond paste
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Sliced or whole fruit of your choice
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sugar Cookie Dough: Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Refrigerate for two hours.
- Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness and cover tart pan.
- Almond Cream: Cream butter and sugar.
- Add almond paste and cream again.
- Add eggs. Add flour and mix until incorporated into mixture.
- Fill the tart shell with almond cream filling to the top of pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Make sure top is brown and cake is firm.
- Fruit: Cool and top with fresh fruit such as mango, kiwi, raspberries and strawberries.