Iguana Chicken in Chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) chicken breast, marinated *
- 2 ounces Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 dried Ancho pepper
- 1 tablespoon Ancho juice,
- 1 small clove roasted garlic or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon lime zest
- 8 mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Marinate one breast of chicken (cut into strips before or after cooking)
for at least 2 hours in the juice of 2 limes, 1/2 cup olive oil, two cloves
diced garlic and 1 tablespoon white Balsamic vinegar.
- Place Ancho pepper in 1 cup boiling water, set aside to soften. With kitchen
scissors, cut 1 tablespoon of Ancho strips, include a few seeds if you want
- In a food processor, or blender, puree together half-and-half, garlic, 4
to 6 mint leaves, 2 to 3 tablespoons water from Ancho pepper soak and 1 tablespoon
Ancho pepper. Melt chocolate in double boiler with half and half, add Ancho
pepper puree to chocolate as it slowly melts, stirring frequently.
- Grill chicken, cut into strips, pour chocolate mixture onto your
favorite semi-deep dish plate or shallow bowl, fan chicken out like a
flower, garnish with mint and perhaps a few slices of star fruit.
Dish can be served with cinnamon-sugared flour tortillas.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001.
Source: Master Chef at Iguana in Nashville
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes