IHOP Griddle Cakes
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg (beaten slightly)
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (1/4 cup additional buttermilk if needed)
- 3/4 cup prepared Cream of Wheat (follow the directions on the box and let cool before adding)
- Place first six ingredients in medium size bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix cream of wheat with the buttermilk to get any lumps
out of the cream of wheat. When this is done, add egg, cream of wheat, and buttermilk
mixture to dry ingredients. Beat with a spoon until smooth. Batter may be a
- Heat a grill or a frying pan on medium low heat. When surface is hot, lightly
oil or use a vegetable spray. Pour the desired size for pancakes and turn when
top of the pancake has little bubbles. If you spray your pancake turner with
a nonstick spray, it helps prevent the uncooked part of the pancake from sticking
to the turner and flipping the pancake is made much easier. If your pan is seasoned
well, your pancakes should not be sticking and if the temperature is just right,
your pancakes should have a beautiful golden color.
Posted by LladyRusty at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes