IKEA Swedish Meatballs
IKEA Swedish Meatballs as served in the in-store IKEA restaurants.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 pound ground lean pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef gravy
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- Sauté onions in first tablespoon of oil until translucent. Set aside and
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk, let soak for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, breadcrumbs, milk egg, meat and seasonings.
- Form tablespoon of the meat mixture into balls.
- Over medium heat, fry meatballs in second tablespoon of oil until brown
on all sides.
- In a small saucepan, combine gravy and cream; heat through but do not boil.
- Serve meatballs with gravy, boiled potatoes and lingonberry preserves.
Yield: 4 servings
Total time: 45 minutes
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes