Il Girasole Terrine St. Jacque
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 12 large sea scallops, halved
- 8 large raw shrimp (about 15 count), peeled, deveined, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Melt butter in 8-inch saucepan. Add flour and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch saucepan, combine milk and chicken base; bring to boil. Pour
hot milk mixture into reserved flour/butter mixture and whisk until smooth.
Cook over medium heat until mixture just starts to bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain and discard any lumps. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add scallops and shrimp; cook until almost cooked through.
- Add mushrooms and green onions and cook until mushrooms are
just limp and seafood is cooked through.
- Drain off excess liquid.
- Add reserved sauce and Parmesan cheese and cook, stirring frequently,
for 1 minute or until mixture is heated through.
- Divide mixture among 4 individual 2-cup casseroles or one 8- to 10-cup casserole.
- Top with Swiss cheese and broil until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Il Girasole - Delray Beach, Florida