Imperial Chinese Restaurant Sesame Chicken
- 8 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dark soy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sake
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster
- 6 - 8 ounces (about 2 pieces) skinless and boned
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon
chili oil, depending on degree of spicy you prefer
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted sesame
- Salad oil for deep frying
- Handful of Iceberg lettuce
- Sauce: In a small bowl, mix all sauce ingredients until well blended.
- Chicken: Cut chicken breast into 1/2-inch strips. Place in a bowl with water
and salt and let soak for about 15 minutes. Do not drain.
- Add cornstarch and
mix well, coating chicken.
- Add 1 tablespoon salad oil to chicken and mix to
smooth and separate chicken strips.
- Heat wok with medium flame, pour in oil for deep frying. Heat oil to about
325 degrees F.
- Place coated chicken strips in piece by piece and fry until it
is crispy and cooked through.
- Remove chicken and pour off oil.
- Heat wok again with an additional 1 teaspoon salad oil.
- Add ginger, garlic
and chili oil, stir frying until fragrant.
- Add sauce mix; stir until thickened.
- Add fried chicken strips and mix well to coat all chicken strips with sauce.
- Sprinkle on the sesame seeds before serving on a bed of lettuce.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: The Imperial Chinese Restaurant - Denver, Colorado