In-n-Out Double Double Burger
- 1 plain hamburger bun
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Kraft thousand island dressing
- 1 large tomato slice (or 2 small slices)
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 onion slice
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly toast both halves of the hamburger bun, face down. Set aside.
- Separate the beef into two even portions, and form each half into a thin
patty slightly larger than the bun.
- Lightly salt each patty and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the patties over and place two slices of cheese on top of each one. Cook for
2 to 3 minutes.
- Build the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up: bottom
bun, dressing, tomato, lettuce, beef patty with cheese, onion slice, beef patty
with cheese, top bun.
Makes 1 hamburger.