Ina's Pasta Fritatta
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic minced cloves
- 3/4 cup julienned red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups julienned zucchini
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush 10-inch round pan lightly with
oil. Cut a piece of parchment, place in pan, brush again with oil, and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft, then add red pepper, mushrooms,
and zucchini and continue to cook until soft.
- Drain off liquid and add oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Set aside to cool a little.
- In large mixer bowl, beat eggs, milk, Cheddar, and Parmesan on low speed.
When combined, add cream cheese in small bit-size bits (pull pieces by hand.)
- Put cooked spaghetti into pan.
- Do the same with the vegetables.
- Pour in the egg mixture and mix with your hands so that all the components are equally
distributed within the pan. Pat down so that as much of the solids are covered
with the liquid as possible.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until firm to the touch and lightly brown. It will
puff up and settle when cool.
- Serve on a bed of lightly sautéed tomato sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: If you want to serve it the next day, bake for only 25 minutes, cool, then
refrigerate. When ready to serve, cut into slices and reheat for 10 minutes at 400